3 Minutes | Teen Ink

3 Minutes

November 13, 2017
By SkyeV13 GOLD, Walker, Michigan
SkyeV13 GOLD, Walker, Michigan
13 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's much easier to fake a smile than to explain what you really feel." & "We stopped looking for monsters under the bed when we realized they're inside of us."


If I had three minutes to talk to someone going through hard times. Someone who thinks they’ve lost it all or never even had it. Or maybe they don’t think they matter and that no one cares. I’d tell them that they do matter, that they matter to me, that they do belong. They may ask “Why would I matter to you if you don’t even know me? How do you know I belong.” I’d say “So? Just because I don't know you doesn't mean you don't matter to me. If you didn't matter to me do you think I’d be standing here talking to you right now? And you want to know how I know you belong? I know you belong because you're standing right there. Somebody or something put you on this earth for a reason that no one else is going to be able to do. Whether it's saving a life or becoming an artist to inspire people. You may think that you can't do these things… guess what?... You'll never know unless you try. So go for it. Live your life. Be You! You do matter and you have everything you need in life, even when you don't think so. Be you, because no one else can. Because you're not someone else. Because you're not the only one who feels like this. Believe me when I say that I believe that these hard times are in our life to make us stronger. But enough is enough. I think it's time to take these times and turn them into something great! Take the dark moments and memories and make them brighter! Turn them into pieces of artwork, make them into music. Show your different from others by being unique. Maybe you'll dye your hair, maybe you'll wear colorful clothes, or maybe you'll mismatch your socks and shoes. Or maybe you'll do them all! Or maybe you'll turn them into a book to help others going through their own problems. It doesn't matter what you do or how you do it. What matters is that you remember to be yourself. To work through thoughts hard times and shine like the star you are! And always remember, you're amazing, you're here for a reason, remember to just be you. And that no matter what…
YOU DO BELONG and YOU DO MATTER!!!