The Music of Life | Teen Ink

The Music of Life

By steffiemblem BRONZE, Lincoln, Nebraska
steffiemblem BRONZE, Lincoln, Nebraska

"Ha... I spent most of my life shrouded in darkness... But my life had meaning. Now I'm certain of it."

Anyone’s life can become a symphony - they just need the proper music.
They need a song that you can tap your feet to, one that doesn’t buzz around your head like a hive of angry bees.
A heartbeat like a metronome that continues through the music steadfast, even if its band makes mistakes.
They need the hands of a drummer that can create their own beat to march to the music, sometimes leaving their comfort zone.
The heart of a conductor that can lead others to victory through patience and persistence…
And a band to support them, people who they trust to add notes to their music and create something even more beautiful.
Even though everyone’s songs sound different, each is a masterpiece of its own that many would love to listen to.
We should all take a listen to our melodies, feel the rhythms in our hearts and their notes in our souls,
Because even your life can become a symphony - you just need the proper music.

Being involved in music has changed my life for the better. The relationships you are able to build as well as the life lessons you learn are indispensable and I hope others have learned just as much as I have from pursuing music!