My Year | Teen Ink

My Year

February 24, 2017
By Anonymous

My year

My year like everyone else's has had its ups and downs, there were some smiles but many more frowns, this year has taught me a lot, at one point I was so down seeing this day I would've never thought, I've been taught to never give up, even the times I've felt that I've had enough, I was taught that it's ok to ask for a helping hand, you never have to go through anything alone, when you don't open up your problems become unknown, there is nothing wrong with asking for the help, I have been battling depression since the 6th grade, when my mom made me go see a therapist I felt betrayed, I wanted to deal with it on my own, alls I wanted to be was alone, fast forward years later, this past summer I was hospitalized for suicidal thoughts, my dad goes around calling it a ploy, no one knows how much I was destroyed, Im not sharing this for you to feel bad, im sharing this so when your in my shoes you ask for that helping hand, I am here for anyone that ever needs to talk, I understand what it's like to feel like you have no one and nobody should walk alone, you can hate this poem all you want but alls I want taken away from this is you to know your not alone.