Under The Floorboards | Teen Ink

Under The Floorboards

January 10, 2017
By Averyyy___ BRONZE, Newmarket, New Hampshire
Averyyy___ BRONZE, Newmarket, New Hampshire
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“I’m scared,” he whispers. I feel his cold breath on my shoulder, and I start to worry.

“Shh… We’re going to be okay,” I say, with a relaxing voice. His heavy breath slowly calms down as he falls asleep. Shortly after, I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep…

“Push me on the swing!” he says, jumping up and down repeatedly. I look at him and we exchange smiles.

It’s just a dream… I think to myself.

“Okay,” I say, picking him up and putting him onto the swing. I grab the old, rusty chains, and give him a big push. He laughs in excitement as I continue to push him.

I don’t want to wake up from this.

“I love you,” he says excitedly.

I quietly respond with, “I love you too.”

I wake up, startled by a loud bang which sounds like a door. I look around and I’m surrounded in darkness again.

“I don’t want to be in these floorboards anymore,” I say very quietly.

He wakes up too, startled, and before he can say anything I cover his mouth. I didn’t want to know what the bang was. I grab his hand and squeeze my eyes shut. We both know what it is, but we don’t want to think about it. There’s loud stomping right next to us. We know what’s coming. Within seconds, the wall’s get kicked open and a blinding white light hits us. All I can see are two black shadows. When my eyes focus in I see the Nazis, with their angry, deadly faces, glaring down at us.