More Than A Love Poem | Teen Ink

More Than A Love Poem

By phalynbaldwin SILVER, DETROIT, Michigan
phalynbaldwin SILVER, DETROIT, Michigan

What ever you love can be taken away so live like it's your dying day.

Your voice is as beautiful as the night sky as the stars light up the universe.
They're so far away yet so beautiful. A million miles away but still can find a way to touch our hearts like you touched mine so that's why you're a star to me.

I do not love you for the way you smile, though every time you do mines always grow a little wider.

I do not love you for your gorgeous eyes though I always find myself lost in them.

I do not love you for your luscious lips though I'm fascinated every time you speak.

You make heads turn when you walk in a room and in a room full of people you'll always be the first person I'd look for, because you're a God's gift and no one can miss it. You're the canvas, the mural, the paintbrush, the paint, you're a work of art. And even though others may just see you as skin and bones you'll always be more to me.

You have the wings of an angel and you make my heart stop, and the thought of you ever leaving me would just make my heart drop. Because you saved me, and I thank you. You've brought light to my world that was once so dark.

I wrote this poem about a girl a while ago. She disappeared on me without saying goodbye I've kept away for so long and I was going to post it on here but I didn't really like the second to last stanza so I didn't post it but a friend told me to so now I am.