Remembering Our Eagles | Teen Ink

Remembering Our Eagles

October 10, 2016
By LaurenKenobi PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
LaurenKenobi PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
32 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man." -Anthony Burgess
"We can destroy what we have written, but we cannot unwrite it." -Anthony Burgess


Known as the land of the free and home of the brave, our great nation is protected by men and women who symbolize a fierce Eagle. They put their lives on the line to serve and battle for America’s freedom and never give in. Memorial Day means honoring brave heroes who provide America with freedom, opportunity and hope.

Soldiers use their strength and power to provide citizens with security and freedom, like the Eagle’s compelling wingspan guarding their young. Eagles are impressive hunters, swooping down from the skies and using their razor-like talons to defeat their prey, similar to the missionary spy and his enemy. Veterans represent the will to move on from hardships, the soft feathers of the bald Eagle reminding us to persevere when times get tough. After Bald Eagles lay their eggs, they sit with their nest and may starve to death before they risk losing their young to predators, securing their territory like the millions of brave warriors who have spent years protecting the nest of the United States.
On Memorial Day, we remember those who have lost their lives at the face of war and who have showed persistence and bravery by leaving home to serve for the greater good. Memorial Day means not only remembering those lost, but also being proud to be an American. Together, we must honor the Eagle-like soldiers who still soar high to this day, endlessly protecting the people of America and making our nation great.