Life can be Grey | Teen Ink

Life can be Grey

September 28, 2016
By Anonymous

Life is Grey,

It can be good or bad,

It can be boring or fun,

But it can give out surprises nontheless,

For anyone to everyone,

It'll get better, just trust me.


The author's comments:

I was inspired to write this by how my life is going right now. I'm having issues with my family, my dad is coming back into my life along with his girlfriend and her two kids. I adore her kids and they adore me, but thats not the point. My mom and dad have argued since the day I was born and they still do. My mom doesnt want me going over there much, so shes being warry. My older sister doesnt want anything to do with my dad or hers, but thats her own opinion for many reasons. I just live with my mom, my dad moved out years ago, my older sister moved out when she was 13-14 shes about to be 19, and me and my mom just stay in our rooms. So I'm usually alone and get bored alot. I don't get to see many of my family. Every once and awhile I go outside for a walk, think, and listen to music like most teenagers do. Sometimes I get on my moms truck outside at night look for the brightest star I can find and I like to say it's my great grandpa looking out at me making sure I'm doing fine. But I'm hoping that for people that have family issues or more will read this and know that things will eventually get better.