I Miss Her | Teen Ink

I Miss Her

By Williams13 SILVER, Wilmington , Delaware
Williams13 SILVER, Wilmington , Delaware

I'm so mean I make Medicine sick.

I can still hear her laughing.
I can hear her cheering for her Cowboys.
I can still feel her hugs the warmth.
I hear her as she tells me everything will be okay after I would hurt myself or scold me after I've done something bad.
I can hear the old time movies she'd watch on her TV all day long.
I hear the multiple bags from her shopping all day with my mom.
I can see all the decorations she'd hang for the seasons.
I see her at my games in the stands cheering loudly and proudly no matter the score.
Less than a year ago pancreatic cancer took her away from me. It made me lose interest in everything I did. I wanted to stop playing sports because if she wasn't in the stands I didn't want to preform, But I knew she wouldn't have wanted that for me. Although I miss my Grandmother every single day I know she is still watching me at every game. Cheering loudly than everyone else.

Dylan_James BRONZE, Capron, Illinois

And then I saw you...and I knew that I was finally complete...

I am so sorry for your loss...but this is a beautiful piece of writing. I would love to read more. This got me emotional which is honestly a harder thing for me anymore but this got to me, so thank you for making this amazing piece of writing. Stick in there things will get better you're a really great writer.

Your_Apathetic_Basketcase ELITE, Orlando, Florida

"Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."
-Derrolyn Anderson

"Don't trust everything you see, even salt looks like sugar."

"The sea speaks more honestly... To those willing to drown." -J.D. Hard

@Williams13 This is beautiful, and I am so sorry you lost your grandmother. This seriously brought me to tears, that is how perfect this poem was. Making me emotional is an accomplishment. Hence the screen name "Apathetic Basket-case." Keep writing, because I promise you that you're an amazing author! XD