Broken

One transparent heart shattered on the floor, it echoes hollowly as it joins a thousand more.

Empty souls and broken dreams, everything solemnly still, nothing of which gleams.

Clouded and scratched the fallen lay, jagged pieces reflect sorrow, day after day.

Old tears glisten on oh so sharp edges, as silence resounds from crumbling ledges.

An eerie sereness looms in the air, an eternal remembrance of the forgotten and unfair.

Mists of twisted hopes twine within muted melodies, one of cracked ambitions, and candied word felonies.

White pearls turned grey, so very dull, majestic ships tattered from bow to hull.

Flash after flash keeps on coming, demandingly persisting, until the heart caves in, reaching its limit, stops resisting.

Wounds become scars till they are just throbbing memories, yet the past still haunts the soul’s gardens for centuries.

All these stages captured within a single life, but now it's dilapidated, dripping with agony and strife.

A thousand emotions shall soundlessly ring, an infernal depressing song they sing.

I speak of the realm where it’s an endless grey floor, scattered with fragments of lost spirits galore.

Yet each is as unflattered as a rusty outdated token, for every shard here fills with the quiet faces of the broken.

YoungBeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:41 am
I like this piece. You write with passion and i beileve that you have alot of potential to write some pretty powerful pieces. Please keep writing!!!