A teenage question of identity | Teen Ink

A teenage question of identity

July 17, 2016
By Bookworm929 SILVER, Guilford, Connecticut
Bookworm929 SILVER, Guilford, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Sometimes, it's to hard to know what you are actually thinking.
Are your thoughts stained with the fabricated views of society?
Or maybe what your best friends expect you to be?
It gets to hard to change who you think you are, but everyday you feel something new.
How can you be expected to keep up with the world and yourself?
People say you will know when you're in love and know what you deeply aspire to be when you look inside.
But what if you don't know.
No one can define love, so how can you know when it has rapped on the door to your heart?
And what happens if you look inside and only see a puzzle as complicated as the math problems that you tell yourself you like?
You can't label yourself, but...
In comparison to the simplistic view you have of other people, you seem too undefined.
A man named George Bernard Shaw once stated, "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself".
But you just can't seem to find the instructions manual.
You wonder if other people have the same thoughts, yet society tells you to keep it inside and act like everything will work itself out.
And you are left wondering if it will.


The author's comments:

Because sometimes you just don't know.