Change | Teen Ink

Change

By FelixWinchester BRONZE, High Ridge, Missouri
FelixWinchester BRONZE, High Ridge, Missouri

"Family Don't End With Blood"

Every second, minute, hour, day, month, year, something changes on Earth. Our population changes every 10-15 seconds, it either rises or sinks. Birth and death changes our population number. When someone dies, a baby replaces that person, changing our world’s number of humans. A flower blooms but then it dies. The flower disappears from our world until it’s ready to bloom again. Someone’s life has probably changed from something devastating in their life, or something beautiful that has happened before their eyes. Earth’s land changes, but very slowly, taking its time. Our thoughts on each other change rapidly ! When something is getting ready to change, we can’t stop it. The future has already planned for it to happen, just let it change. Really, nothing perfect can stay on Earth. Time changes rapidly. You change constantly somehow. The sun rises then it falls and the moon replaces it for an amount of time, changing time around the world. A child can smile, but it soon turns into a frown, what has happened to change that smile ? We don’t know because everything changes. Is there something you want to change ? We can’t stop change, both you and me know that, but I’m afraid once something is truly lost, one can never get it back again. Earth’s light is still shining bright and beautiful today, come on let’s keep it that way while we are still alive and Earth is still here.

The poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost, inspired me to create this poem.