love can be a little messy | Teen Ink

love can be a little messy

By ryanjames2324 BRONZE, Adams, Massachusetts
ryanjames2324 BRONZE, Adams, Massachusetts

"you're not good enough"

On a cold snowy day, with a severe winter storm warning coming through the Berkshires, I was at my girlfriend’s house for my birthday. We we’re  watching The Wrong Turn,where these group of teenagers were out of school for the summer and they went camping in the middle of nowhere.  would protect us I take karate.”

All of a sudden, she screamed so loud that she jumped. She had spilled her hot chocolate. The hot chocolate was really hot, and it stung her leg. I couldn’t control myself; I kept laughing and laughing. I was laughing so hard that I fell to the floor. She was jumping up and down like a kangroo freaking out like there was no tomorrow. “Ahhh!!!” Later on, I threw some popcorn at her. She didn’t do anything about it, because she was upset about spilling her hot chocolate on her favorite blanket. She was really disappointed.
“I can’t believe I got it on my favorite blanket.” 
“It’s going to be ok. I can buy you another blanket that looks like it.”
“Jocelyn, this is the best chocolate lava cake ever. Did you look this up on Pintrest?”
She responded, “Yes, I actually followed the directions and took my time on the cake and tried my best.”
All of a sudden I kept looking at the frosting.
She asked, “What are you looking at?”
I explained to her, “Nothing just thinking.”
I was trying not to laugh. All of a sudden I kept staring down at the frosting thinking,” I know what I’m going to do.” I had that devilish look in my eye and Jocelyn knew what I was going to do. I leaned towards the chocolate lava cake quickly as I could, and I scooped up the chocolate lava and quickly put it on her face.
She screamed “RYAN!!!!! I’m going to get you so good!!”
I responded,
” You can’t get me if you can’t find me!!!”
“ I know where you are Ry. I’m going to find you, so you better run!!”  At that moment, I decided to put frosting on her face. I ran in terror and I tried to hide from her. She had that look like she was about to kill me, so I went to hide in a closet but it was too late she  found me. All of a sudden her hand appeared in my face with chocolate frosting. She got me. She spread the chocolate all over my face.
I responded, ” Jocelyn!!!” Then I went to the bathroom and wiped it off.
I remember last year for my birthday I was in the middle of blowing out my candle making a wish. All of a sudden she leaned in and took the vanilla frosting with sprinkles on it and smeared it all over my face. It was kind of familiar, but I wasn’t blowing out the candles. She just went in and did it. We were both laughing and having fun.
At the end of the day we had fun. We cleaned up, opened my presents,and then went upstairs to go watch more horror movies.