Bound I am to a Tainted World | Teen Ink

Bound I am to a Tainted World

By Jasmine-Anne SILVER, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Jasmine-Anne SILVER, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination," - John Lennon

I am bound in chains of Iron and Steel. Bound to an Earth coated in the sins of ones kin.

As I struggle, they dig and cut unforgivingly into my skin, as if I were the Dame of Evil, the Mistress of Hate.

As I try and attempt to break free of my prison, I am made out to be a demon of malicious intent.

Blood of agony and anguish allows its self to push its way free from the body and soul which supposedly hath sinned.

Tears that are mother to the stormy Ocean's are the symbol to the grief I must bear; the strength I must constantly exert. Similar to my brother in arms Atlas and his form of "justice".

Gazing toward the beautous skies, dotted with sparking diamonds and depths of mystery, I pray for such a freedom.

The sky is unbound and unruled by the chains of man. I ache to be the sky and that which soars ever so freely in its grasp.

Oh Sky, oh Magnificent Stars, free me from what this Earth hath  wrought upon me.

Although me to fly freely in the fields of blue. Allow old scars to heal and new happiness to bloom.

I believe everyone is bound in one way or another, either in a physical or meta-physical sense. We wish to reach dreams that are unimaginable, yet almost possible, but we are held back by what hurts us the most.