Broken | Teen Ink

Broken

By JoieRenee GOLD, Tidioute, Pennsylvania
JoieRenee GOLD, Tidioute, Pennsylvania

She cuts herself. Never too deep, never enough to die. But enough to feel the pain, enough to feel the scream inside.

The little girl that used to stand in front of you, was know used, dirty, but most importantly broken. Broken by boys playing games. Broken by friends betrayal. Broken by her own mind. but worst of all, Broken by you. Her own father. You feel the wind surround you, feel it crawling along your skin pushing you forwards to your broken baby girl. As the wind pushes you harder, it also pushes her away. Soon your little girl is gone, like a leaf in the wind. Soon you see your little baby girl come crashing down again landing at you feet. She doesn't move this time. Her body is broken, white skin cracked and ice cold. No movement in your little baby girl. No light, no life, nothing, but the broken shell of your baby girl is left. You collapse to your knees, the darkness filling you as your broken daughter lay infront of you. Soon light warms your face as it seeps through her cracks. As her body heals, you feel yourself grow more cold. All the pain you have caused finally catching you. Soon she is whole again,a nd now you are the broken one. She stands in front of you staring at your broken body, broken sould. She kisses your cheel and promises to return, taking away the last thing holding you together. You feel yourself slip into the wind. From whole to broken, broken to dust. But finally your baby girl is free, even if it means you are broken.

I just... I don't know why I wrote this, or if it even makes sense. Sorry if it doesnt.