Melting past | Teen Ink

Melting past

August 14, 2015
By Summerrain GOLD, Coldwater, Michigan
Summerrain GOLD, Coldwater, Michigan
18 articles 8 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
you have to live life forwards, but you can only understand it backwards.


Everyday the past haunts me, tearing me apart, echoing through my brain, its like being tied down to a cold steel table, with he straps so tight you cant even move your fingers, then as you thought nothing could get worse the rusty pipes begin to leak above you, slowly dripping acid one droplet at a time, splash upon your forehead slowly making an incision into your skin. Melting away your flesh you feel the sting. The burn from the liquid poring down the side of your face leaving behind the stench of melting skin. All  you can do is sit there and hope that someone will save you and take you away from the never ending pain and torment the little irritation is causing you, like a bad memory it will linger and burn through you, hollowing your should slowly without a warning, the longer you sit and wait without trying to leave the more it will burn and ache. Some times all we need is a hero... Sometimes we need self hope. What ever it is we need the scars of the past will always be there to haunt is. One cannot forget but simply store what has happened into the vault in the back of our mind, but for me,,, my vault is full and this memory is one who is putting up a fight. And has left the most dramatic scars behind.