"The Same" | Teen Ink

"The Same"

June 10, 2015
By artsy_17 BRONZE, Pennington Gap, Virginia
artsy_17 BRONZE, Pennington Gap, Virginia
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.
-Unknown


Judgment is all you get, it never fails and it never quits.  It doesn’t even matter what you go through on a daily basis as long as you know who their face is.  Time after time we cry ourselves to sleep praying one day we might wake up and this will all be a dream.  I haven’t a clue what this world is coming to, but you can’t just give up on your virtues.  Different people and different stories portrayed and all you do is make them feel ashamed.  That junky on the street that lay at your feet begging for some change, all you seen was a little daily fix for some worthless piece of s***.  If only you knew that she was once like you and you say how, but devastation took over and now she’s just another cougar on the prowl.  Realize something; the words that you have spoken are taken to heart like a token.  Maybe one day you will feel shame and come forward to proclaim that underneath were all the same.


The author's comments:

I've experiend and endured things as everyone has.  Judgment has always been in this world, but it's worse in society today.  Nobody realizes how bad their words and opinions hurt.  Nobody knows what war someone is battling.  Underneath were all bones, we are all human, were all the same.  The world might understand that one day...   This poem was inspired by a point I have been at in my life and views and statement on it.