My Best Friend | Teen Ink

My Best Friend

By Sydney Lewis BRONZE, Sioux City, Iowa
Sydney Lewis BRONZE, Sioux City, Iowa

She was going to her first day of middle school as the new kid. She thought it was going to go just a planned. The first year of sixth grade was a breeze. Then seventh and eighth came by faster then she coud imagine. Still, she had no one to call a friend, let alone a best friend.

The summer before high school was coming upon her. She spent the long, hot summer days in her room just longing for that person she could call an actual friend. She cried for months wondering what could possibly be wrong with her. But that was just the exact opposite.n She was about to find out in the time coming ahead.

Freshman year finally came. And within the first week she finally had a friend. To this day as juniors in high school, they are friends, best friends in fact. They laugh, cry, smile, and share the best times together just like girls do. But more importantly, they rely on each other's care because they know deep down that they were made to be best friends.

This is dedicated to my best friend Susan. I am so happy that I can call her my sister because she knows me so well.