i bring myself bare to you | Teen Ink

i bring myself bare to you

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

i bring myself bare to you
with my children at my feet
we are not beggars
just vagabonds wandering about this planet earth
i have cleaned their linens
and wiped their blemishes
but i have marred them too much
their flaws are many
i love them even so

i bring myself bare to you
wind whipping our skin
i have stretched our limbs
beyond the bodily limits
but find ourselves pygmy
to every standard

i bring myself bare to you
vulnerable but dignified
not asking you to love us
or regard us with any care
but hoping you will bare with us
it’s all anyone can do

It's been a while since I last submitted any piece here. So, here's probably one of my last pieces. Every piece is a child of mine as Anne Bradstreet described her work in "The Author to Her Book". This a clone to one that I wrote earlier today but could not remember how I wrote the first version. >.> 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey, Ray--yo, thank you for your kind comments. At times, I feel dissuaded from enduring in the literary community. But reading encouraging words like these encourage me to continue doing what I love, in this, writing. I'm keeping most of my new work for myself and maybe for more professional literary magazines in the future (The New Yorker [I hope]). But I'm going to post a couple of stuff here in the near future. Thanks again for reading and commenting. Means the worlds to me to have readers like you who take the time become active readers. ^u^

on May. 24 2015 at 3:00 am
Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

At first I didn't quite understand it, though your description made it clear. I love your choice of words here, and the tone suits the message very well, plus your brilliant use of repetition makes it all the more stronger. I hope you keep writing, (and hopefully posting on TI), best wishes!