The Light Within The Dark | Teen Ink

The Light Within The Dark

April 22, 2015
By IntoxicatedBeauty BRONZE, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
IntoxicatedBeauty BRONZE, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
I wish I were a tear so I could start on your eyes, live on your face, and die on your lips.
There once was a girl who never knew what love was until a boy broke her heart.


I thought about your smile as I was laying down comfortably upon the living room couch. The wind crept in through the cracks in the windows, causing the blinds to shutter to and fro. I closed my eyes and thought to myself how precious to me your smile really is. The way it glimmers like a beaming light shining through the dark, reminded me of a search light, radiating from the top of a lighthouse out past the sea. It occurred to me that your smile works in the same way. It shines far out, no matter where you are, notifying me that you are always there. It reassures me that I'll be safe and find home again, and that home is where I found you.


The author's comments:

I was inspired by the concept of an everlasting love. The endless love where everything about a person inspires you and moves you to extreme lengths. Also, how beautiful a smile truly is and how much it means to someone, whehter you realize it or not.