Where You Belong | Teen Ink

Where You Belong

By musicxsavedxmyxlife BRONZE, Bentonia, Mississippi
musicxsavedxmyxlife BRONZE, Bentonia, Mississippi

Everything's gonna be okay in the end, if it's not okay then it's not the end.

In a world where depression is a trend and memories are nightmares, we can't escape the world's biggest flares.  From the time you are brought into the light of this world and to the time we slip into darkness, we believe the only escape is through a blast of fire.  We think there's no one who can see the emptiness in our souls and sadness on our faces but we can. I can. And for a moment if you think that you're worthless at all, trust me darling, you won't spend your whole life crawling. So wipe those tears from your eyes and the dirt from your knees because though you think you're a ghost in the universe], you're still worth something to me. Through the tears that you have shed, and the moments you felt like giving in, put a smile on your face so you can show the whole world you made it. You are unstoppable. You are a legend. You are you. You. You are nothing compared to anything else. You may think the world has outcasted you from society but you don't need it, because they will hurt you in every way that ever felt. Darling, there is an escape.  There is a way out.  You just have to put your hand in mine and say that you trust me enough so I can send you into the world that you belong so you never have to crawl again.  You don't have to crawl. You live. Because, every moment won't be a nightmare but a dream come true.

this is a slam poem that i wrote for my good friend that i love so much.