Transferred | Teen Ink

Transferred

By inhaled.smoke GOLD, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
inhaled.smoke GOLD, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

When searching for our souls remember 6 things
1.
The Big Bang Theory states that the universe was created from one singularity approximately 13.7 billion years ago; the explosion is still ringing in our ears. It is drifting through the hallways touching every soul at least once, telling us that we are open meadows collecting information from each pollen spore that is illuminated into the sky. It throbs through our entire body reaching every single neuron sending messages that we are electric currents pulsing through the city absorbing the energy that was used to create this world.

2.
The energy is used to fuel our lives from our first breath to our final words. Coaxing its way through our veins down to our bone, attacking every muscle along its way, Contracting. Releasing. Contracting. Releasing. If you listen to the momentum that is echoing through shattered bones, you will hear  Beethoven playing Symphony No. 9 as a final note to life.

3.
The day my aunt passed away there was the darkest clouds hanging above my ceiling. I could feel her last breath taking the last of the air out of the room when she was carried out of the my house. The corner of my eyes began to fill with tears, but I knew not to cry, for my aunt had always told me, “Don’t cry for me, I’ve been set free.”
I knew she was in a better place, but I always wondered why she had to take the life out of my favorite place?

4.
Our bodies are intricately crafted prisms that are exploding with new ideas. At the corner of our bones, we hear the loudest stories that could be told. We are the Big Bang in itself. We are the noise still ringing in society’s ears. I no longer mourn the death of the lost, I take this and I run along the brick walls of downtown, touching every crack trying to find my aunt's soul. Looking in every crack to see if her soul was carried away by the wind. I look at every rain drop that is tumbling down from the sky to see if my aunt is part translucent glow.

5.
After 12 years, 336 hours, and 604,800 seconds, I found my aunt. Her unconditional love was plastered on the Golden Gate Bridge, in the same spot where she found her true love. I found her voice echoing through the Atlantic Ocean, to the same tune that lulled Rose and Jack to sleep on the Titanic. I found her laugh among the children that only owned few toys, but they found joy and tranquility in those toys. I found her mind in my heart, guiding through life as if the sun wasn't enough to guide me to the next day.

6.
We are not created to be destroyed, we are involuntarily transferred, renewed throughout the veins of the lost.  Everything that we lose is found in something else. We do not die because our body's have reached the end of its time, we die because our knowledge is needed somewhere else.

This poem was inspired by a spoken word poem. The poem this was inspired from is called " Pass On" By Michael Lee.