She seemed

carefree and resilient

to the harsh winds

surrounding us.

"Can you hear it?"

She whispered.

"Hear what?"

Smiling. "The sound of snow.

Falling on the ground."

I closed my eyes

and focused.

It was soft.

A breath escaped my lips.

"...Yeah. I hear it."

Then, no more words

were uttered.

We were both captured

in the awe of winter,

by the sharp but silent

sting of wind,

by the exquisite sound

of snowflakes landing

on patches of grass

and by the clouded gray sky,

which seemed to be painted

with long brush strokes.

It was winter.

It meant frigid evenings

where we would sit outside.

Mugs of steaming coffee in our

contemplating the night sky

and possibly the stars if the

clouds were not covering the view.

And we would talk.

We would sing.

We would laugh.

And we would think.

And sip sweetened snowflakes.

Writer13 said...
So...any new poems of yours are you working on?
fabrication replied...
I am just working on my novel for now. I am really busy with schoolwork etc... so not really any poems. You?
Writer13 replied...
Same here. Ugh, busy life.
fabrication replied...
Busy busy busy. I barely have time to write anymore. It's a shame.
Writer13 replied...
I know what you mean
Writer13 said...
Woaw, that was beautiful! Absolutely amazing how you capture the complete essence of the dead of winter. It took my breathe away!
fabrication replied...
I am glad that my writing was able to reach you. I am also glad that I successfully created a "winter" using words (at least for you). Thank you for the comment.
Writer13 replied...
You should be getting millions of comments! Your poem was awesome! :)
fabrication replied...
Oh my... T-T I feel so grateful. I don't even know what to say ;;
Writer13 replied...
Jan. 10, 2015 at 10:19 am
Lol, you don't have to say anything. Um, just one question...are you a boy or a girl? Because if you are a boy that's even more shocking. Not many boys write poems, but I mean that in a good way. ;)
fabrication replied...
Yes. I am a boy. xD I know what you mean. I feel like it is poetic in style but not really a poem in itself. The context is lyrical but its more of a story. I am not very good at poems. But o understand what you're saying haha :)
Writer13 replied...
Well, I'm obviously a girl, and I have to say your poem was really impressive, even more now. ;) You are really good at it, and I'm not just saying that. :) Anyway, you are right. It is more like a story, but has a poem-like sound and feel. I write those kind of poems all the time. It feels like you can give the reader more meaning when you make it that way rather than just piece together words, know what I mean?
fabrication replied...
Yes, and I actually do write "poems" like these into a novel. Novels. It's actually an upcoming genre in the North American literature scene, to make chapters short (100-250 words), brief, poetic. Haha, I found out that you were probably a girl when you said that 'not many boys write poems' :P
Writer13 said...
Woaw, that was beautiful! Absolutely amazing how you capture the very essence of the dead of winter. It took my breathe away!
Writer13 replied...
Oh, duh. That must have been obvious, lol. :) (and I have no idea why my other comment was repeated, but anyway...) That's awesome! Is it like a story with poems in it or just a collection of poems? I haven't published any books of my poetry yet, but I definitely will soon. I have written so many I don't know what to do with them. Well, enter them in contests I suppose... Anyway, I have to Winter written from an experience you had or is it made up? My poem, Simply Lies, that was recentl... (more »)
fabrication replied...
Surprisingly, you're right. Yes, it was from experiences that I've had, as most of my writings are. And about the question of the stories, they are short chapters, not poems, just lyrical and poetic in nature. They are stories though, with dialogue and characters, plot etc.
Writer13 replied...
Same here! I usually write from experiences, but this time I didn't with my poem. Hey, actually, I could use your help. Could you look at it? I'm in need of some critiquing. It's at this link: