Spring and Autumn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Spring things are beautiful:
Petals, crimson and ocher,
And arrogant boulders radiant
With moss and loneliness,
The ocean, spacious and frail,
Sauntering, but smooth
Aroused by the striding sea gulls
Who screech at the genteel fish.

And autumn things are beautiful:
Leaves, supple and earthy,
That whisk unnoticed from their home,
And squirrels gathering food,
Foxes that chase marble geese
From their cozy, foxy pups.
The rainbow from a
Stormy night polishing the ancient sun.

Heather said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:59 am
This peom shows us a beautiful picture of the spring and autumn. But if the author trys to tell us some other information? maybe about the emotion?

HPRGSuperFan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Extremely well-written, descriptive, and incrrdibly beautiful. A++:)

Rachel K. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Elisabeth, this is truly amazing! Your poem is so beautiful and absolutely magical! Your phrasing is so descriptive and delicate, and you use a vast range of vocabulary! I LOVE IT!!!

Mkthedreamer said...

Realli good! ^_^

Loved it :)

Fia-fia said...

Really good! Its a great description, almost a caparison even if you didnt phrase it that way! Great language... thank you

:)

laurensoccer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your descriptions and vocabularly are creative and amazing. This is one of my favorite poems ever!!!!! I would really appreciate it if you could check out and comment on some of my work. Thanks.

NathanB said...
Wow! Really great. Your a great writer, I love this poem so much!!!! Please check out some of my stuff!

youngspeare said...
Dec. 5, 2011 at 8:48 am
Good job! :)
Could you check out my poem "Ghosts of the Past" and rate/ comment? Would really appreciate it. 

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sweet (: Check out some of my stuff.

purplequeen said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 10:36 am
Can you check out my work and rate it?

purplequeen said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 10:35 am
Ohh... nice

starlight26 said...
Nov. 26, 2010 at 11:13 am
Please check out some of my work if you get a chance!! :)

starlight26 said...
Nov. 26, 2010 at 11:12 am
GREAT Imagery!! I really liked this. Especially because my birthday is in autumn and i feel so connected to the world in the fall/spring months. LOVED IT!

Aristine said...
Sept. 21, 2010 at 12:11 am
Nice use of imagery in here- there are some pretty vivid descriptions. You chose your words well, and the ending was great.

alaska_kare_bear said...
Really like the use or words

Shambler92 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
those two stanzas are really beautiful, but I feel there's a third one missing, a stanza to give meaning to the poem. anyways,, good work man.

CountryGothic said...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 11:11 am
This is beautiful and I want to see you post more!

ThermadorianGrey replied...
Great details in here.  Certainly good enough to warrant the exclusion of the bland beginning "spring things are beautiful."  Other than that, very well executed.

Nicovera said...
Love this! Keep writing!

AmberOstrander said...
this is very enjoyable