Where I'm From | Teen Ink

Where I'm From

September 17, 2014
By Jess614 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jess614 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I am from a diamond ring, from college sweet hearts and so called true love.
From the smell of freshly lit candle (the lighter burning and the sent of the candle) and Wisconsin summers. 
I am from lilacs, roses and the garden that keeps growing.

I am from family gatherings with the house crammed and the food filled table.
From the kindness of family, from Michelle and Mike and Miller’s .
I am from the fights and not understanding each other in the things we do and say, the smell of liquor on his breath.
From I love you and family is all you got.

I am from Christianity and church each Sunday, the good night prayer said each night. 
From Lannon , royalty, and being taught to never give up.
I am from Pies, Brownies, and cooking with the family.
From knowing the truth behind the scars.

I am from family vacations with the extended relatives and passed down family memories.
From the trips to grandmas house on holidays and family Christmas shopping.
I am from the a war veteran, the loving hearts, and stories about true love.
From Divorce and heartbreak.