Beauty is the Beast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Her skin, butter-cream by day, turns translucent by night.
Her hair, ebony black, shimmers like the night sky
But only to deceive those she encounters
Her lips, stained crimson from her victims
Eyes piercing blue, penetrating those who make contact with them
Her corpse, deemed immaculate by those she lures into her trap
She is the deceiver, the harlot of the hills
But cleverly disguised
The mark of the beast lies in her hands

MarieAntoinette2012This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:19 am
I think it makes sense, I mean it's like a syren really.

who_is_she said...
wow, cool symbolism.keep it up.

tinytechie said...
i thought was going to be about how the world is so obsessed with appearances

Darbs1325This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
enjoyed it alot 

loveroffashionandwritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I enjoyed this poem, very decriptive and helped me paint a mental picture in my mind.... looking forward to reading more of your pieces

Brad C. said...
Very descriptive and it was good in that it created very vivid imagery in my mind. However I need to comment on the fact that, although wonderfully descriptive, it drifts from context here and there. You made a reference to her skin "butter-cream" by day but by night she is translucent. Are you saying that this woman is a wonderful person and beautiful by day but at night turns ugly? The reference to a change between night and day could be rewritten so as not to confuse, because to me ... (more »)

Whitterbug said...

Very good:) Absolutely loved it!

EliteCobra9000 said...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:36 am
I think your imagery is fantastic. the theme and tone of the poem is very well thought out and i think your use of beauty is a very good idea. i enjoyed your poem because it brought a negative light to beauty and turned the tables in a way. well done.

hippiechick99 said...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:46 am
I really love this poem, but to me it's a little confusing. Still loved the imagry though.

lbbarlow125 said...
How did this  get so much hype. Omg

africanprincess said...
Beauty is tyhe beast, Great topic!!! That topic relates to so many people in life. Many people are pretty on the outside but really ugly on the inside. They have a nasty personality and they attitude is awful. I love this poem!!! Great job.

DreamInTheRain said...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 9:01 am
Thank you! Your potry skills are absolutely amazing!

DreamInTheRain said...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 9:00 am
Wow, this is liek my dream come true. I always had a theory that beauty was a beast, and I even drew a picture of it :3 This is like the stuff from my imagination printed on paper

MMortonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 7:58 am
I really like the thought invocing poems up here. 

phlogiston This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This sounds so much like one of the ones I wrote! Great job!

AnimalNatureGirl said...
Awesome work!!! Keep it up! Check out mine!

RTB5574 said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:21 am
This poem is really good and has a lot of meaning because it is so true; also gives a lot of imagery and flows real well

C.K.Snow said...
Wow! Great imagery in this poem!

stardreamer said...
love this poem!! :) very creative !!

xXx_Fox_xXxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Lovely, nicely done