Invisible | Teen Ink

Invisible

A_flower_without_fragrence BRONZE, Brunswick, Ohio
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

“Whoa there, Tobias," says the man to my left. "Weren't you raised a Stiff? I thought the most you people did was... graze hands or something."
"Then how do you explain all the Abnegation children?" Tobias raises his eyebrows.
"They are brought into being by sheer force of will," the woman on the arm of the chair interjects. "Didn't you know that, Tobias?"
"No, I wasn't aware." He grins. "My apologies.”
― Veronica Roth, Insurgent

Invisible that is what you are. He will never see or know who you are, you are simply just another bystander. But you still try to grab his attention, when there is nothing to grab. Always ending up with a broken heart, which only makes him more appealing. But why? Why do you continue with this endless charade? Always hoping for different result, when this is the definition of insanity! It is because you have hope, hope that one day he will remove your invisible cloak and finally notice that you are right there. However those are only fairy tale dreams, dreams that will never come true. Because there are no happily ever-after’s with him. So just give up! But you can’t no matter how hard you try, because he is always on our mind. So no matter how hard we will ever strive we will always remain invisible to him.

I was inspired to write this piece for girls alike who are going through the same emotional struggle that I am and have gone through in high school.