Fly to your Dreams

By MadiHatter192 GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
MadiHatter192 GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

" 'What happens after you die?' lots of things happen, they just don't involve you." ~Louis C.K.

I want to fly away from this treachery filled land. Go some where free of war and full of peace.But i guess that's what dreams are for.In my dreams I can fly high above the clouds, like a bird, gliding through the winds so innocently and gracefully. Anything I wish for can happen in my dreams. It is the one place where I belong, where I can be myself and not worry what others think. I can make myself a ruler with a castle and lots of loyal friends. Everything feels so real, right down to the touch of the grass of the rolling hills and the laughter of the village children playing tag in the meadows.If I could stay in my dreams forever I would, but eventually you are dragged back to reality by your feet as you're clawing at the ground, grabbing anything that could hold you there. It'll eventually break and you will be brought back to the prison called reality. But you shouldnt't worry, for you can always venture back into your dreams. Just close your eyes. Take a deep breath. And let go. Of school, of bullies, of poverty and sickness, murder and death, of everything screaming reality. Go to your dream land. Fly to your dreams.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!