Why is 'Why' So Hard to Answer?

I asked my Mother why I couldn’t see the light.
She said she couldn’t answer me now, and then she said goodnight.

I asked my Father why nothing I saw was happy anymore.
He turned away slowly, and then he closed the door.

I wanted to know why the sun didn’t shine, but no one had a clue.
My Sister wondered why last night, her sky was no longer blue.
I thought for a while and told her of what I knew.
Unfortunately though, that was my question too.

marzipanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:25 am:
Simple but well-written. I enjoyed it!

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 7:15 pm :
I am very glad to hear that! Thank you so much for your feedback :)

Ariel_FluffyyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 27 at 8:42 pm:
I love it. 5 out of 5 

Jul. 27 at 9:08 pm :
Thank you! XD

LonglegsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 27 at 8:01 am:
WOW! This is magnificent! I LOVED IT!!!!!!

Jul. 27 at 10:51 am :
Thanks  so much! :)

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 24 at 5:21 pm:
So good. : ) I love the idea, you used in your poem here. Thanks for sharing this.

Jul. 25 at 2:00 pm :
I love all of your comments! :)

waterbendercarorainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 14 at 2:30 pm:
Amazing you are so detailed with your writing

Jul. 14 at 2:32 pm :
Thank you for the awesome feedback, it really helps me! :)

ParishrutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29 at 1:25 am:
Beautiful.

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 29 at 2:44 pm :
Thank you. :)

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 28 at 6:55 pm:
a beautifully written work that displays emotions in an entrancing manner, slpendid^^

Jun. 14 at 6:57 pm :
thank you @Luv4Ever!

sanddycandy said...
May 27 at 1:36 am:
This actually isn't the first time I have came across this poem. I am just as impressed as I was the first time with how you played with key emotions that every human feels at some point. It leads the mind to wonder if the question "why?" really ever can be answered. To lead to that level of thought takes some gifted writing. Keep up the good work. 

May 27 at 2:50 pm :
Thank You! XD 

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 9:03 am:
Just wanted to thank everyone who's commented! I really appreciate your feedback! XD

CNBono17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 8:26 am:
very thought-provoking. makes you wonder why, and hits home because everyone's asked that at some point. Keep it up!

May 26 at 8:53 am :
Thank you! XD

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 25 at 11:12 pm:
I think that this is a really great poem that a lot of people can connect to. Really balanced the whole way through with the rhyme scheme, and overall it's really thought provoking :)