Because of You | Teen Ink

Because of You

April 30, 2014
By PurePerfect14 GOLD, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
PurePerfect14 GOLD, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dont cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr.Seuss


Because of you I found myself trapped in a dungeon that holds a key.
I wish to know who has the key to release me from the pain and hurt that I’ve been through.
I can no longer move on because of you.
My entire world has become darkness and I do not know where I am anymore.
The light has disappeared and I feel the fire burning against my skin.
Why did it have to leave as soon as love was found.
When I believed that it didn’t exist it was because of you that showed me that it did.
It was all because of you. I sit and wonder why it came so slow but left so fast.
Because of you I now believe that love exist and that you can love someone at a young age.
Never in my life I had a boyfriend tell me that he loves me.
When we first dated I wanted to say the three words that can change the game.
But when you said it, I said it right back.
It was because of you that makes me dedicated and made me stop talking to most boys.
I’d felt that I can be committed to you. I am the way I am and it was because of you.


The author's comments:
I written this poem when I was thinking of my very first boyfriend that told me he loves me and I believed him.