The Mysteries of Mystery | Teen Ink

The Mysteries of Mystery

March 3, 2014
By katherine345 PLATINUM, Redding, Connecticut
katherine345 PLATINUM, Redding, Connecticut
32 articles 18 photos 0 comments

i have been thinking for a long time. i felt clueless about anything and everything. that we live in a place filled with so much mystery. that we live in a world we know so little about. i suppose, in a way, these mysteries create hope, new desire and love. without such mystery, we would be even more trapped. trapped in our minds with no blank pages on the notebook. no blank pages to start anew and gain a life in which you didn’t know what was ahead of you. these mysteries keep us holding hands in unity and letting go with separation. they drive the beauty of achievement. and discovery. and although we always seek the answers to mystery, it is the mystery itself that allows us to gain more knowledge than any solved problem. what would the world be like without mystery? think. after all, it is not the answer, but the question, the mystery, that gives us the power to gain knowledge. even knowing this, I still sought more. i still sought the answer. it is in human nature. i hated mystery, and i would do anything to destroy it with the truth. the answers. the last piece to a puzzle. yet, it was uncovering the answers that was the mistake. and that, in itself, was the true mystery.