Paper thin | Teen Ink

Paper thin

January 21, 2014
By Olivia-- SILVER, Mill Valley, California
Olivia-- SILVER, Mill Valley, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"our only true fear, is fear itself."


Here's what not beautiful about it from here you can't see the rust or crackled paint. You can only tell what the place really is. You can finally see how fake everything and everyone is. Its all a lie. and It's not even solid enough to be made out of plastic. It's just a flimsy useless paper town . Look at it all very closely but with ur eyes shut so you can't see the pain, the tares in the paper. The mistakes in between the lines. The paper people with creases as thick and crisp as veins. Living in paper houses that were built just to fail and fall apart. Crumpling their future to keep the invaluable present alive. All these things paper thin, paper frail. So weak they don't even understand what strength is. Their paper eyelids never flutter open, they don't want to see. They don't want to see their fake fragile life that could be burned to the ground in minutes with nothing left and nothing (everything) lost.


The author's comments:
Inspired by John Greens paper towns. This poem allowed me to express, just how delicate life is.