You know that feeling you get when he... | Teen Ink

You know that feeling you get when he...

December 12, 2013
By angelicaaprime SILVER, Columbus, Indiana
angelicaaprime SILVER, Columbus, Indiana
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Remember, even in the depths of misery, a light must shine for a shadow to exist."
"Tell my story to those who ask, tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly."


You know that feeling you get when he looks at you?
The one that kind of makes your heart stop?
The one that leaves your stomach feeling like it’s kind of caving in?
Where your chest feels heavier and you want him to say something? Anything?
You know that feeling you get when he talks to you?
When he says he wants to hang out or do something with you?
When your chest kind of expands and you feel breathless?
And your mind kind of implodes and goes, “Oh my gosh.”?
You know that feeling you get when you know he’d do anything for you?
You know that feeling when you know he’d do anything to make you happy?
You know that feeling when he’d literally jump in front of a bullet for you?
You know that feeling when he defends you, protects you?
That’s my favorite.
You know that feeling when he hugs you and his shoulders tense and he holds you just right?
You know that feeling when he’s happy and it’s so contagious it makes your entire being happy for him?
You know that feeling when he smiles and everything else goes away?
You know that feeling when you don’t want anyone to hurt him and would do anything to prevent it?
You know that feeling when he tries to make you laugh and you smile because he cares that much?
You know that ‘I’m crazy in love and all my common sense is entirely gone’?
You know that feeling when he looks down at you and smiles and your heart races and your mind eases?
You know that ‘I’d do anything to make him happy’ feeling?
You know that smile he gets when he looks at you and kind of shakes his head a little?
You know that ‘Everything’s going to be okay’ feeling when he is standing by you?
You know that giggle you make when he makes faces and jokes around with you?
You know?
You know that feeling in your stomach when he holds her?
You know that feeling when he laughs with her?
You know that feeling when he’s upset beyond normality because he hurt her?
You know that feeling when he says ‘No, we’re just friends’, to the girl that asks if you are together?
You know that feeling you get when you know he looks at you and only feels familial love for you?
You know that feeling when you know you’ll never be good enough to be with him?
You know that feeling when he rambles on about her?
You know that feeling when he stares into space and then murmurs her name?
You know that feeling when he says he loves her?
You know that feeling you got when he asked her out, you were happy for him because he was happy?
You know that feeling when he looks at her?
You know that feeling when he says ‘my girlfriend and I’?
You know that feeling when he introduces you and she’s just gorgeous and you’ll never measure up?
You know that feeling when she’s so kind and nice and everything you want to be?
You know that feeling when you just can’t dislike her because she’s so kind?
You know that feeling when he looks at her and she looks back and you want to cry?
You know that feeling when you know she will always come first?
You know that feeling when he rushes away at the end of the day and sometimes forgets that hug?
You know that feeling when he just passes you by when he’s thinking about her?
You know that feeling when he gets that look he gets on his face when he thinks about her?

You know that hopeless ‘I’m happy for them’ feeling when you realize they’re so perfect for each other?
You know, right?

Am I going insane?


The author's comments:
You know that feeling you get when he looks at you?
The one that kind of makes your heart stop?
The one that leaves your stomach feeling like it’s kind of caving in?

A list of things that make me feel good/bad about him.