Stress

Flushed cheeks
and trembling hands.
It's hard to breathe,
it's hard to stand.

Walls closing in,
heart beating fast
it feels as if
your minds under attack.

Just slow on down
and take a breath,
relax your thoughts
from all the stress.

Manage your time,
talk it through,
don't let the stress
take control of you.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12 at 10:40 am
I think this is a wonderful poem! I've been through this before, and I agree what you said in you poem and at the end of your poem! Wonderful job again! ^_^ thank you, for sharing this! I hope more of you great poems are coming! 

WinterRose1976This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31 at 12:03 pm
I really enjoyed reading this poem. It's relatable and accurately describes the feeling of stress. One suggestion I have concerning your capitalization is to make sure it's consistent. You started capitalizing every other line in the first stanza, and then the first line in the remaining stanzas. Also, the last line of the second stanza has too many syllables. It sort of throws the poem's rhythm off. If you removed the word "minds" it would flow much better. ... (more »)