The World Yesterday.

"I sit and think,
think of the beggars on the street.
Sitting there freezing, and in distress.
Holding cups to the rich,
cups that say, "Change."
Have you ever sat and thought,
maybe he doesn't want, "Change" for alcohol.

Change for drugs.
Change for thrills.
Change for crime.

But perhaps change in ways.

Change in values.
Change in society.
Change in rules.
Change in Government."

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 11 at 12:00 pm:
I have never thought of it in this particular way! Amazing! Makes me think now! Awesome job!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 7:59 pm :
I think the message here is really great. And the way it is written is flawless. 5 stars for me (:

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3 at 9:23 am:
I really liked this poem! I never thought about it that way! Great job!

AhhniThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:13 am:
How incrediable Elijah Shine <3 I absolutely love this piece of yours. I can see all of your poems being published. You'll go far my love. I'm so proud of you darling <3

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, what a unique angle! You combatted existing stereotypes of the poor while making the word "change" into something more. I absolutely love it. I never thought of it from that perspective. That's the mark of a true poet. :D