Genetics This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

People tell me I have his nose
Because it’s strong and hooked
With a powerful bump at the top
But I hope that’s all he gave me
An ugly nose is enough
And better than an ugly mind that
Sinks its teeth into anything it can
Like the hearts of girls who have
Not yet learned to love the real way
I hope I do not have his hands
Calloused from the cold metal of a gun
And stained with a twisted love
Love I hope I do not have
Because love is not a fist or a knife
Love is not an apology
I hope I do not have his back
Because he never had mine
And I hope a nose does not give me
A guiltless conscience and a
Forgetful brain.

Emin3mAC said...
Very good! Loved it. 

KristinCThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is gorgeously written and very honest...thank you so much for this incredible poem!  I can't wait ti read many more.

TheShyOne This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:58 pm:
Is this based on a true experience? It felt so real and honest, and personally I related to it a lot. You wrote this so perfectly, simple but emotional, 100% beautiful. 

Howell35Nita said...
Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:37 am:
Some specialists tell that home loans help a lot of people to live their own way, because they are able to feel free to buy needed things. Moreover, some banks present secured loan for different classes of people.

GittaRThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 2:08 am:
Woah! That was truly amazing. Your smilies were amazing. I was hooked from the first word to the last fullstop. I especially love the line "I hope I dont have his back, because he never had mine'. Great Writing! You have real talent so keep it up and dont give up. =)

Blackrosechick said...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 7:27 am:
This is very powerful and strong. It's very well written it's like I feel your pain. When I started reading I was sucked into the story that this poem tells. This is excellent! keep writing, you are very talented! :)

Pizefighter said...
Feb. 19, 2012 at 4:41 pm:
This is some powerful shiz. Somehow I know that your nose is all you got from him.

connsgirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Absolutely love it. It's so well thoughtout, or looks as if it took so much time to write...even though I'm sure it just 'flowed' (as my english teacher says) and you wrote it down. haha :)

chloe_garrett said...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 8:31 am:
THIS IS AMAZING. you are such a great writer. I'd love it if you could check out my three newest poems: "Daddy. Father. Stranger", "Dying", and "Painting".

ashley001 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 2:19 am:
Love it! :))))

Luna557 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really liked the simplicity and strength in this piece. It was very well written.

Lashonti said...
Oh my God, I just cried.

Emily G. said...
....... GREAT work! keep writing its really good

poet.lover said...
...I'm speachless, the only words that come to mind are 'wow.. that's amazing.' Very nice job with this poem!

mattisonteeter said...
God, I can relate so much. it's beautiful.

Distant said...
That was really good. It was in-depth. It was the story of a person trying to break free of her father's abusive past. Well worth my time.

TaurusGal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really good~

AmayaSakaruta said...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 8:49 am:
this is realy good :D maybe check some of my work out?

TyroneJohnson said...
This is a really emotional poem you have here. I really liked how you described everything. It really painted an image in my head. I hope you make more poems like this in the future.

Zap7861 said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:43 am:
This poem includes true emotion. I really liked the details it included over their feelings. The full expression of themselves and the people around them truly described their view of their surroundings.