Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

WeAllBurn said...

this is such a fantastic metaphor (:

i think you would like my poem, "Fake". Take a look please (:

ayesha20 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 8, 2011 at 4:01 am
I really liked your poem. Check out mine ,"I shall see." too. It's like you'rs but not as deep.

r1chard said...
I like your metaphor and how it is such a simple little thing but yet it is shared in such a deep sensation of relaxation as well as a very profound way of thinking about life.

JSM1996 said...
This is a great poem. I love the metaphor that was used. Great Job! Keep it up!

beccaboo22 said...
i love your metifor, life is like bubbles.

beccaboo22 said...
my sis. loves to pop bubbies, so is she a merderer

LazyDaisyTheWriter replied...
No...she's not. By the way, it's mUrderer not mErderer

aveawave said...

this is really good! I love the imagery - I can picture every word you say in my head :) would you mind checking some of my work out? Id really appreciate it :D

_Zavery_ said...
Lovely!!!   X)

MaggieElaineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amazing. <3

ishmael_bishop This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved the inspiration. My muse comes to me at the most random times of the day and I find a pencil and record her thoughts.

emilybwrites said...
i really liked this! great work! could you check out my poem "forgotten domain" and my new poem "the others" and please comment/rate them? thanks!!

taylorj said...
Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:54 am
i like what you've done here. you have a very intelligent and also creative way of thinking about what we are all here to do. what we were made for. never stop writing, you have an amazing talent. dpn't let your bubble "pop" any time soon.

Fencer95 said...
What you've written here truly has a deep meaning to it. It's amazing the thought of a bubble bursting and the correlation between true lifespans and their lasting imprints. This is a great poem, please, never squander your beautiful gift and always find time to continue to write.

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really interesting. (: Do you think you could check out some of my stuff?

if_i_fall16This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That's awesome. I never really thought of life in that way. Although I don't agree with the whole idea of size. *I'm six feet and don't think I'm going to fail : )*  But the idea is pretty cool. 

ToPonJahThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

Wow! I had never thought of life that way!That's quite interresting.

Although God is much more caring than that and would never reduce us to bubbles!He also wanted us to live forever-not just a few mere days.

purpleink said...
I really like what did with bubbles i never really thought about it this way before.

Lola_Black said...
That's so cool! Pretty accurate, too, though I never would have thought of bubbles. Keep up the good work!

Sylvie said...
Wowww that was an amazing poem. I completely agree that someone's imprint will eventually fade away. Isn't that fact kind of sad?