Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

Captain_Awesome said...
I really like it but the only thing is that I am absolutely we are more important to GOD than bubbles popping. I understand its a metaphor and great poem! :D But maybe when we evaporate theres another place we go...

Mc'Blacky replied...
Just look around you and you'll see that we are more imporant than just a bubble.

Dally said...
Really good Metaphor...

britty said...

this is prettygood :)

heyshay said...
I chose this poem, because my dad calls me bubbles.  I thought this was a really good poem because its showing how everyone leaves a mark, and the bubbles do that same.  Also, how you're describing of the popping of the bubbles and how you are in a way comparing losing the bubbles and closely losing people and how they can blow or pop or how people can blow or snap quickly.  You did a really good job on writing this poem. It was really good the way you broke up the lines with how ... (more »)

Angel_17 said...
I loved how you used God with the bubbles to make a point:) 

Dally replied...
I agree!! =]

Alia_Tan said...
Brilliant Poem! Great Job =D I loved how you connected bubbles to life!! Please see my poem called i know i wont Thank you so much and again great job!!! :D :D :D

WriterGeek<3 said...
I love that you create  a feeling that we could  connect to as yound children. Your poem creates an impression of timelessness. Simple and profound. The best combination.

Mgymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

simply beautiful!!! i love it!! :)

also, if you get the chance could you check out my poems The sinners confession and a mirror image (& comment and rate them???) it would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

sethmeyerslover1234 said...
GREAT JOB DARLING! :)

Bubbles99 said...
This is beatuiful, I've read it over and over again and every time I get something new from it. It's light and a little carefree at first, but after the first time you start to realize it's a bit darker. Very cool. (:

blackalsored said...

wonderful metaphors!

Chana said...
This was Totemo Kawaii! Very Cute. XD

Kat_K This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is beautiful! I love the simplicity & depth at the same time

Hope U. said...
how freakin sad

WerewolfWriting said...
Intense and indepth. :)

kooky mary said...
Jan. 31, 2011 at 11:10 am

i love how u talk about the ones that pop before they r launched because there are babies that die in the womb but also the ones that float quitely and become great things

keep writing

Fran94 said...
I really like your poem! It is very insightful and relates to life very much. I don't think I would have ever come up with what you came up with that would relate to life and God. I hope I made sense!

Schoolrulesonoccations said...
This is an amazing poem. I think that they way you used bubbles to represent miricales. Great work

RozaB said...
You are very insightful. Nice piece of work.