Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

Athena17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 24 at 9:17 pm:
Such an intellegent metaphor! This is a beautiful poem :) 

Mandy22 said...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:55 am:
Beautiful.

ElmoCarlon said...
I love this (:

wuasa said...
Nice poem, I really love how you see god through your own perspective

RandomPoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:59 am:
This poem is great truley great!. I love how you compare humans to bubbles. What i got from this to be honest is the bubbles are our mistakes but thats just me. I see things differently from people when it comes to writing, becuase writing can be taken and percepted in so manys ways and pulled in so many diferent directions. This is a wonderful poem! Keep up the amazing work.

Zithia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem. It's great.  But, I don't want to know that its a metaphor.  Let the reader figure that out on their own.  Leave some mystery.  It is so much less enticing if you explain the poem in the title.  As a reader I want to contemplate the poem.  Think.  For hours.  Don't give everything away.  Its not a very complicated metaphor so if you just let readers figure it out on their own the poem would be much more memorable.  A... (more »)

Forbidden1 said...
So true! Love your poem! What you said/wrote down is so true. We really are like bubbles, destined to pop in the end.

ShadowAngel2468 said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:56 pm:

i love the lighthearted deepness, please read some of my work if you can

Sarz216 said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:01 pm:
This is amazing!!

SilverStratovare This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm:
This is an intersting way of looking at the relationship of god and humanity. It resanates through a persons impact on the world. It makes me feel depressed, yet somehow it makes me happy. I like hearing that I will make an impact even if it eventually disapears. Ilove this poem!

lbbarlow125This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:46 am:
I dissagree with you especially what you said in  your comments about how no matter what someone did in their life they and what they did will eventually fade; because people leave marks and prints and some meories can not and never will fade thus keeping the person alive in the spiirit and mid of otheres plau you don't know what happens when the bubble does pop. Maybe the piece of that bubble meld into the air and become better than they were before, or they fall to the groud and look up a... (more »)

InkWriter13 said...
Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:22 pm:
An interesting semi-philosophical perspective. Beautiful writing. Distinct clarity. An effective metaphor. Would you please comment on my work titled Delusional Dream, In the Library, and Onward and Upward?

vivig4ever said...
Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:18 pm:

funny sh**

vivig4ever said...
Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:14 pm:
those are my favorite moments in life..when something so small; almost insignificant, makes your mind burst; evolve into a tornado of unexplainable creativity.

eddys96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:31 pm:
I like it. Deserves to be in the magazine for sure. Please check out my articles and ill return the favor.

Loserrr122 said...
May 29, 2012 at 10:52 am:
Not bad I love the exageration on the word "pop". Very nice.

kaidro said...
May 8, 2012 at 10:40 am:

This poem is awsome!! I like your poem a lot.
This whole poem was a metaphor!! I think the metaphor was that the people are bubbles some are able to live a life and do something amazing while sometimes others can not.  I also noticed that there was some onomatapoeia becasue you had the word "pop" and that is the noise bubbles can make.

Awsome job! I like this poem a lot!!

ShadowLily said...
May 7, 2012 at 4:42 pm:
Whoa... that's deep stuff. I didn't know you could make Miracle Bubbles deep.... Wow. You've got some serious skillz.

phoenixvanlaanen said...
May 7, 2012 at 1:11 pm:
Wow... you're excellent. I'm jealous of your poetry skills!

Indilove said...
May 7, 2012 at 8:06 am:
Very amazing how you thought of this. It's a rare occasion that our thoughts turn into something extrememly meaningful. Something that actually makes us stop and think a little. This is really amazing work great job