It's True | Teen Ink

It's True

October 4, 2013
By isabella11 BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
isabella11 BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“It’s true”

I do not know what tomorrow brings
But what I do know, the one that was here
Today will be here beyond days. This love brings me the sweetest pain, but yet I want more of it.
The sheen that reflects off your heart unto my mouth is sooo SUCCULENT!
… Its feels as if we have both entered the land of the living, the gates of beautiful death.
But it’s not death; it’s a place where we don’t know where we are,
We’re just free- spirited and feel the presence of love himself. No
More sweet pain, now just nectarous bites of pleasure
.
Adorable, Luscious, Loveable, Important, Sweet, Obsessed,
Necessary!
Sincerely, Cynthia Lockwood



Cynthia captures the mind and heart of all that has been in love and that can relate to having the rush of love and emotions go through their veins. The poem begins with the famous quote “I don’t know what tomorrow brings “, that quote tells the audience you never know but live for today. The metaphors in this poem describes the difference of living and existing, indulged and enlightened. The speaker learns from this feeling that like death love is emotional as well. The decision Cynthia made was to let the readers know the feeling they might feel may be true and there is someone here that you can relate to.


The author's comments:
This piece is about just telling the audience that the feelings and emotions you feel are eal and there is someone that realtes to you .