Boys on little bikes This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I spent the entire summer before tenth grade
At the skatepark
Watching shirtless boys
Crash around on those little bikes
And flick their overgrown hair out of their eyes

That’s where I met my first boyfriend
He was two years older
Seven inches taller
And honestly only interested in sex
I told him I was a virgin
He didn’t notice
That I didn’t bleed
But I guess it doesn’t matter
‘Cause two and a half weeks later
He rolled out of my life
With the same
Wobbly manual
He rolled in on

I mourned
For a total of
30 minutes
Then I flew head first over my handlebars
And I realized that
Helmets are more important than boys

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:30 pm:
you just explained to the world why i spent half my life crying; thank you friend for writing this, this is lovely, lovely,lovely. I'd be more than honoured if you'd check my works out too since you're so amazing. -Ada

Kunicorn said...
Sep. 5 at 10:31 pm:
I Absolutely Love This Poem !

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 5 at 2:11 pm:
My mind just blew up with this poem. It's erupting with amazement and marvel. I love picturing this poem...for so many reasons. You're really...REALLY...talented. Your wording tends to be simple. But in the simplicity is an elegance. And depth to the poem where it makes it memorable and enjoyable, as well as relatable to the readers. Congrats on another Editors' Choice! Please for the love of whatever keep writing. This is 5 stars for me. 

Beef.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sep. 5 at 8:40 pm :
I absolutely adore your comments! Thank you so much. I feel honored that someone who writes as well as you do not only feels this way about my stuff, but is also willing to tell me about it. Thanky you thank you thank you!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sep. 6 at 6:18 pm :
I'm honored that you're honored. You're a talented writer. I wish I would've known about your work a long time ago rather than just now. And I'm always willing to read and comment on anyone's work. Speaking of which I better go read all your other stuff. 

Amie W. said...
Sep. 5 at 1:42 pm:
this was really good ! :)

lilstergodman said...
Sep. 5 at 12:22 pm:
Really greaet!