The Gaurdian | Teen Ink

The Gaurdian

By Raga21 GOLD, Belmont, Michigan
Raga21 GOLD, Belmont, Michigan

I am who I am

The Guardian
By: Rachel henry
I watch as you weaken and begin to struggle. This reminds me that I’ll miss these days when I have you to cuddle. You made me into the person I am and no one could ever measure. You don’t have to speak a word but, yet you’re so clever. It’s obvious you’re an angel, dressed all in white. She is the guardian of my day and protector of my night. She lives this life of silence as she teaches us so much and it’s impossible to count the many hearts that she has touched. She is known by every neighbor. She is as friendly as they come. She will walk in the snow until her little feet grow numb and she would lay in the road, I swear she isn’t dumb for when cars come she does slowly get up and run. She is not like those other dogs chewing on your shoe; instead she will just wait to be petted by you. Never did she ever really like playing with those toys; she would rather be out playing with all the girls and boys. She could never bite you that is against her will. She is the strongest one I know, to resist a single bite, for even if it bugged her she knew it was not right. She is not just a dog, but a friend by my side, for when I am broken, with her is where I hide. She is not just comfort, but a “sister” who’s got my back, for when I am in danger she is ready to attack. Those deep, dark, brown eyes of hers staring into mine. It lasts for only seconds, but feels like a lifetime. You know with every blink she can understand you. Every time she pants, you know she is smiling and every time she falls asleep in your lap, you know she trust you the way you do to her. It’s a bond that’s indescribable, no words can explain, because you don’t have to tell her when your day wasn’t great. She would just know by the expression on your face. She always knows when to come and when to stay away. She can read minds, I promise on my life, because she knows exactly what to do when the moments right. So I trust her with this, to leave me gently and keep holding on, because the day that I lose her I don’t know if I can be as strong. I know we don’t live forever, but this just isn’t fair, for bad things should not happen to a miracle so rare. I cannot bare to think of the drop of that line. There’s nothing I can do to change God’s mind. He would be foolish not to take just find. You deserve heaven. So this must be your time. I bet God will be waiting for you to run through those doors and even though I will miss you. I know he will need you more. So run to him with all your little legs might, broaden up your bark and clear up your sight because it’s a long view from heaven to watch over me day and night and let out a howl so I know you are alright. Promise me to revisit in my dream and keep a piece of you with me for all of them to see. So everyone knows I am the sister of Taffy Laffy Henry, a dog so extraordinary.

In memory of the bestfriend/dog a girl could ask for <3