Start Again

Stalking shadows,
Walks in the dark,
Your hand in mine,
Moonlit smiles,
Whispers of wind,
Caressing this night’s delight.

Broken hearts set to heal,
A savior
Sent to save me,
From pains of despair,
Days of solitude,
Forgotten in my love for you.

Purple robes of renewal,
A new beginning for us both,
Destined to fail,
By prophets of envy,
Shattered souls into thieves,
Thieves of our happiness.

But succeed we shall,
Ignore the world,
Living only now,
In this fantastical time,
Roses of chance,
And freedom is ours.

Zach_MThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:22 am
I love how you didn't mention love at all; for this to be written about your boyfriend, and for you not to mention love is just great. Love is so spread throughout poetry, but I love how within the lines you implied the beauty of it. I love the understanding that nothing will be perfect, but sweat holds more value than tears, and you might not have said that, but it's well implied. Wonderfully written LIsa.

AcidRoses said...
Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:18 am
Great piece... you've got a lucky boyfriend :p I can see you have great care for one another and I'm happy you found someone right for you! I love the second to last stanza with the prophets of envy and the thieves of happiness... perfectly described how other people try to end some beautiful things that we have especially as it pertains to the heart but I'm glad that you didn't let them steal your love for each other! Keep on loving! Lol I feel like a hippie... anyways great job... (more »)

BloodyMary said...
Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:15 am
Very sweet! LOVE IT!

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:23 am
Incredible wording and imagery. My only complaint is that you seemed to have just change lines at random, which kinda messes up the rhythm, but otherwise, great work! :D 4/5