The End of Summer

The end of Summer is near
Just two weeks more.
I shed a silent tear
Realizing my summer is almost gone.

The warm August days
Slip by so fast.
Oh, how I wish
I could make them last.

And as each day
Ends in a golden sunset
I wish it would stay
Summer, just a bit longer

So I wave a silent goodbye
To my sweet summer so dear
And I watch and cry
As the sun goes down
On the last day

Of Summer…

Helena_NoelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 14 at 9:56 pm
Hey!
If I recall correctly, you're the one who wrote the other lovely poem on summer. Just like in "Summer," I love your sublte, well placed rhymes, natural and human. I felt as if someone were sitting with me, and we were both wistfully regretting summers end. Even in December, this poem feels ecellent and relevant! Write on, DawnieRae!

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Fyi new pieces of work! :)

RoyalCorona said...
Though I dislike summer, this poem reminded me of my young childhood and how once summer had been beautiful. This was a spectacular poem that made me feel the warm glow of nostalgia carry through my body. 

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
thank you! I'm really glad it made you feel that way! I love all the time and effort you put into writing these comments! It really makes my day!! :) 

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 2, 2013 at 10:05 am
uhhhh i agree so muchhh. i miss my summer too. youre poem had excellent imagery and brought back memories of my own. greatttt job

thanks so much!! I am really glad you liked it! I wanted it to have that effect on people! 

Sept. 1, 2013 at 11:06 am
cool this is so true ! i have some work i would like you to look at its called wonders

Sept. 2, 2013 at 7:04 am
thanks freeperson! I am so glad you like it!! I wil definetly read your poem right now! 

katherine said...
i love this! its how i feel on the last day of summer too.

mollybug13 said...
Great poem but it neede a little more details. 5 stars.  *

Thanks i'm glad you liked it! I agree it does need more details. I sent this in before i read it carefully so i didn't edit it a lot. also i thought it was perfect when i sent it in, i see now that it's not. :) 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm with Krasota on this poem. I feel the emotion, but I think you should tell me why this was the best summer ever. I feel like you're trying to unravel it for us. But you need to go bare it for us. Otherwise, a good poem. 

Thanks, I am glad you can feel the emotion! That is what I wanted it to do. Thank you for the feedback! Thank you for the great advise. 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice rhyme! My suggestion is to use more metaphors/similes in your poem. Otherwise, awesome job! :P

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! Thank you for the suggestion I will try to use more metaphores in my writing! Have a great day!

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Please peoples tell me what you think!!!