The End of Summer

The end of Summer is near
Just two weeks more.
I shed a silent tear
Realizing my summer is almost gone.

The warm August days
Slip by so fast.
Oh, how I wish
I could make them last.

And as each day
Ends in a golden sunset
I wish it would stay
Summer, just a bit longer

So I wave a silent goodbye
To my sweet summer so dear
And I watch and cry
As the sun goes down
On the last day

Of Summer…

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:27 pm:
Fyi new pieces of work! :)

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 27 at 5:51 pm:
Though I dislike summer, this poem reminded me of my young childhood and how once summer had been beautiful. This was a spectacular poem that made me feel the warm glow of nostalgia carry through my body. 

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sep. 30 at 12:20 pm :
thank you! I'm really glad it made you feel that way! I love all the time and effort you put into writing these comments! It really makes my day!! :) 

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 2 at 10:05 am:
uhhhh i agree so muchhh. i miss my summer too. youre poem had excellent imagery and brought back memories of my own. greatttt job

Sep. 2 at 7:07 pm :
thanks so much!! I am really glad you liked it! I wanted it to have that effect on people! 

Sep. 1 at 11:06 am:
cool this is so true ! i have some work i would like you to look at its called wonders

Sep. 2 at 7:04 am :
thanks freeperson! I am so glad you like it!! I wil definetly read your poem right now! 

katherine said...
Aug. 30 at 6:49 pm:
i love this! its how i feel on the last day of summer too.

mollybug13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 29 at 5:25 pm:
Great poem but it neede a little more details. 5 stars.  *

Aug. 29 at 8:52 pm :
Thanks i'm glad you liked it! I agree it does need more details. I sent this in before i read it carefully so i didn't edit it a lot. also i thought it was perfect when i sent it in, i see now that it's not. :) 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 27 at 3:46 pm:
I'm with Krasota on this poem. I feel the emotion, but I think you should tell me why this was the best summer ever. I feel like you're trying to unravel it for us. But you need to go bare it for us. Otherwise, a good poem. 

Aug. 28 at 4:09 pm :
Thanks, I am glad you can feel the emotion! That is what I wanted it to do. Thank you for the feedback! Thank you for the great advise. 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 22 at 5:57 pm:
Nice rhyme! My suggestion is to use more metaphors/similes in your poem. Otherwise, awesome job! :P

Aug. 22 at 6:33 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! Thank you for the suggestion I will try to use more metaphores in my writing! Have a great day!

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 21 at 10:06 pm:
Please peoples tell me what you think!!!