Tell Me

Tell me.

The outsider. Thats basically what I am. They rather be with someone else. Want nothing to do with me. No one tells me anything. When I ask them what they are whispering about they say it's nothing then change the subject.

It's nothing.

I was her friend first. I was the one that talked to her when she was the new kid. It's not fair.

It's nothing.

You used to hate her. Now you’re better friends with her than you ever were with me. What did I do wrong? Please tell me.

It's nothing.

All I want is a real friend. One that won’t leave me. Like everyone else does. What's wrong with me? Tell me.

It's nothing.

One that will tell me everything. One that I will tell everything. Secrets, that's all we are. Why don’t you like me? Tell me please.

It's nothing.

It's not fair. You never told me a thing. Then she shows up and you spill your guts on her shoulder. Was I not good enough? Tell me. Tell me.

It's nothing.

Tell me. Tell me something. Anything that holds value. Tell the hole in my heart something. One thing. That's all I ask.

It's nothing.

Be my friend again. Anybody? Nobody.

It's nothing.

Tell me! Please! Help me! Please... But you won’t.

Tell me what's wrong, you ask me as if you care.

It's nothing!

live_luv_laugh_inspireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 23 at 9:37 pm
You are very good at expressing feelings, and I like your style of writing, and how you repeat words and use short sentences, which I think adds emphasis!

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 4 at 6:27 pm
Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate it. 

SportsStar23 said...
I thought this was really good! I could definitely feel the emotion behind the words and each time that "tell me" was there, it was as if the narrator was getting more and more desperate... I only had a little bit of a problem with your punctuation/grammar in the beginning. It distracted me a little bit from the poem but after that, it was really beautiful. I'm sure you can catch the little errors if you reread it but overall, I thought this poem was fantastic! Well done! (:

Thank you so much for reading this and thanks for the feedback. I read it over again and I did pick up those errors and I do understand how that would be distracting. But thanks loads for reading!

SarahHarmonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Okay so that was um...AH-MAZING. I cried. I literally cried. It was so relatable and it was the repetition that evoked the tears. My only issue- sometimes the "flow" of the poem was a little rough. Make sure that with longer parts of the poem the rhythm is not off. All in all...yay. You're super talented. Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much. I'm so glad you liked it. And that it was good enough to make you cry, haha.