Tell Me | Teen Ink

Tell Me

By Carly_Elizabeth PLATINUM, Othello, Washington
Carly_Elizabeth PLATINUM, Othello, Washington

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
Roald Dahl

Tell me.

The outsider. Thats basically what I am. They rather be with someone else. Want nothing to do with me. No one tells me anything. When I ask them what they are whispering about they say it's nothing then change the subject.

It's nothing.

I was her friend first. I was the one that talked to her when she was the new kid. It's not fair.

It's nothing.

You used to hate her. Now you’re better friends with her than you ever were with me. What did I do wrong? Please tell me.

It's nothing.

All I want is a real friend. One that won’t leave me. Like everyone else does. What's wrong with me? Tell me.

It's nothing.

One that will tell me everything. One that I will tell everything. Secrets, that's all we are. Why don’t you like me? Tell me please.

It's nothing.

It's not fair. You never told me a thing. Then she shows up and you spill your guts on her shoulder. Was I not good enough? Tell me. Tell me.

It's nothing.

Tell me. Tell me something. Anything that holds value. Tell the hole in my heart something. One thing. That's all I ask.

It's nothing.

Be my friend again. Anybody? Nobody.

It's nothing.

Tell me! Please! Help me! Please... But you won’t.

Tell me what's wrong, you ask me as if you care.

It's nothing!

I'm always the odd man out in the group. The person no one wants there. The tag along. And no one ever tells me anything, therefore I have no one to tell anything to except my journal.

Roald Dahl

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate it. 

Myvoice4change SILVER, Other, Other

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

You are very good at expressing feelings, and I like your style of writing, and how you repeat words and use short sentences, which I think adds emphasis!

Roald Dahl

Thank you so much for reading this and thanks for the feedback. I read it over again and I did pick up those errors and I do understand how that would be distracting. But thanks loads for reading!

ImAKeeper SILVER, Missouri City, Texas

"I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."- William Ernest Henley

I thought this was really good! I could definitely feel the emotion behind the words and each time that "tell me" was there, it was as if the narrator was getting more and more desperate... I only had a little bit of a problem with your punctuation/grammar in the beginning. It distracted me a little bit from the poem but after that, it was really beautiful. I'm sure you can catch the little errors if you reread it but overall, I thought this poem was fantastic! Well done! (:

Roald Dahl

Thanks so much. I'm so glad you liked it. And that it was good enough to make you cry, haha. 

SarahHarmon GOLD, Lawrenceville, New Jersey

"I have learned that people will forget what you did, people will forget what you said, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~Maya Angelou

Okay so that was um...AH-MAZING. I cried. I literally cried. It was so relatable and it was the repetition that evoked the tears. My only issue- sometimes the "flow" of the poem was a little rough. Make sure that with longer parts of the poem the rhythm is not off. All in all...yay. You're super talented. Keep up the good work!