Watercolor Stains This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You paint your dreams with long,
slow strokes
You share them with your friends
You color in between the lines
And never fear the end

You hide your hope beneath the bed
You wear it in your suit
You run it over with your car
And shove it in the boot

You fight your thoughts, remote in hand
You want to clear your head
You see the world through empty eyes
And try to fly instead

Your lips are painted golden brown
Your eyes are bottle blue
You shake their hands and kiss their cheek
And smile, merci beaucoup!

Then one day dripping, bleeding red
The blackness stops the pain
All that's left after you're gone
Is watercolor stains

megcmusicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is an amazing poem! I wish I could write this well! Keep writing! I love the ending too! Just amazing

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is beautiful! I loved the color you incorporated into your poem! Keep writing!

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
There is so much imagery in this its like I was watching it all happen. And the ending!!! This is amazing. It is so perfect. Please keep writing!