expired tuna in a bloated can This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i cough and gag
and expel you
like an overdue hairball
stuck within my throat
some mindless lover
unsuspecting
the future heartache
i will cause him
caught my curiosity
i lick my paws
to rid myself
of the rancid taste
of you
expired tuna
in a bloated can

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amazing as usual, though by now I have certainly learned to expect nothing less! I like it. I really do. And um.....cough, cough, is that a little red check I see? Hmm curious. Haha no, you deserved this one as opposed to those other times when you bribed them ;) Nah. Mckay I am sitting here on a deserted island reading your poetry on a dimmed iPad and having the freaking time of my life! Keep rockin dude, cuz when ya do, you can really go far. P.s I'm workin on my next novel so look for it in t... (more »)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 5, 2013 at 4:07 pm :
Hey, Liv, so happy you're reading my work, even though you're stranded somewhere I hear. And yes, it's a...cough...cough...ahem. Thank you so friggin much. I can't wait for your book. So happy you're working hard on it. I'll make sure to pre-order.

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:06 am:
Ah. This poem makes me proud to be your literary sista. Brilliant, brilliant. Keep it up :)))

Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:59 pm :
It's been so long. Nice to see you again on Teenink. I can't say that anything besides the feedback of my literary sista makes me happier and want to continue writing better poems. Although I fear I won't be able to come up with anything fresh for the future. Thank you! 

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I live to make people's day Like fo'real, I'd be the Wonder Woman of day-making. :D

Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:55 pm :
Awesome. I'd love to be the side-kick. Nothing makes you feel better than making someone else's day. 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:02 pm:
I can truly feel the emotion in this. I love the first few introductory lines and how the whole poem ties together with a nice flow, great job.

Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:21 pm :
ChrisJ, thank you so much. 

sophistryxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:26 am:
This is excellent! I love your word choice and how you express yourself. Great job!

Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:26 pm :
Thank you, shopistryxo. 

Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:26 pm :
*sophistryxo. 

AdaCohenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:11 pm:
I absoluetely adore it. I especially loved the hairball part- since a once-upon-a-time lover tends to tickle your brain like lodged bits of hair and you really can't get rid of them without choking them all out but then your mouth has that rancid taste in it.   I can't even express myself past that since simply, this was fabulous-you make my poems look like poo, but y'know, in a good way. I believe now I will go read more of your work~! --Ada

Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:28 pm :
I'm sure I don't make you poems look like...excrement. Thank you for the thorough feedback. (I agree lovers are like that.) I appreciate it. I'm make sure to read your work as well. Thank you, Ada, you've really made my day. 

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:45 pm :
You're very welcome~! Your poem made my evening and actually kick started me a bit out of my writers block, so honestly I ought to be thanking you. And yes, boys and other lovers are like that. We make a terrible mistake giving them our hearts. And thank you for saying you'd check out my stuff. I hope to see your comments on my own poo-art.~Ada

Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:23 pm :
Oh, don't say that about your work. I'm so friggin happy I kicked started you out of writer's block. If this poem did that honestly, it has done more than I could've asked for and dreamed of. I'm so proud of it now more than ever. Thank you for making my day. 

Scarlett_the_pegacornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:04 pm:
As always, this depicts such an amazing scene. Keep it up. ;3

Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:01 pm :
Thank you, bridezilla. Long time no see. 

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:51 pm:
Great work here! I love the imagery you use, especially "expired tuna" and "overdue hairball" and "mindless lover". I especially like how the poem can be interpreted in a couple different ways, depending on the reader's own experiences. :)

Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:27 pm :
That makes me feel better about my poetry. I love it when people interpretate it in unique modes. Everyone sees it one way or the other. Thank you, TheSkyOwesMeRain. 

HazelGrace said...
Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:17 pm:
omg. this>>> These images are spectacularly and disgustingly unique. I love it. Like, the lover isn't just a bad taste, he's "expired tuna"  I really can't think of many foods more disgusting than that. On point, as always mckay. And can I just say that your "about me" gave me life. Okay im done going on about how awesome you are k bye :)