Who is he?

Who is the man, who hung the stars, and taught them how to shine?
Who is the man, who painted rainbows, with a promise in mind?
Who is the man, who tames the seas, and shows them how to roar?
Who is the man, who knows the grains of sands on every shore?

Who was the man, who knew me before I was ever born?
This man is my Savior.
My Father.
My Lord forever-more.

almera said...
today at 8:53 pm:
nice one.. love it.. so inspirational ♥

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:41 pm :
Thanks! I appreciate that. :)

PlumeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 18 at 1:22 pm:
i really love this poem !!! i love the way each sentence repeats its self with a question but has a different, special meaning ! great work <3 

Aug. 18 at 3:10 pm :
Thanks. :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 15 at 4:18 pm:
Why haven't I seen this before?? Lol. First of all, this is an amazing poem. I love it so much. My favorite line was "Who is the man, who painted rainbows, with a promise in mind?" Just awesome. I love poems about faith, and I think it's wonderful that you're openly giving tribute to Jesus. Keep writing, you're really good :) 5/5

Aug. 15 at 4:46 pm :
Thanks Jade! I'm glad you liked it!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 9 at 6:07 pm:
Great work with this! It's such a sweet poem, and as someone who has a ton of trouble writing about religion, I am quite impressed with your ability. ^.^

Aug. 10 at 2:02 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

SamanthaWThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 6 at 2:39 pm:
I'm not religious but I still really liked this poem. My poems never rhyme because I don't have enough patience, I guess. This poem flows really well. Great job :)

Aug. 6 at 10:58 pm :
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!

MissExplorationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 8:32 pm:
Although I am not Christian, I love this poem. I can tell that you connect with Jesus, and have faith to him. I like how your questions in your first stanza, I immediately thought of God. Your second stanza of course answered it. Great job!

Aug. 6 at 9:11 pm :
Thank you Miss! I'm glad you liked it. Thank you for reading it!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 7:09 pm:
Wow, is all I can say, really. It leaves me speechless and almost in tears. To tell you the truth, I am of split religions, with my father being Christian and mother being Jewish and finding a balance between the two has been hard, which leads me to doubt my own faith. But its works like this that keeps someone believing, keeps someone sane and hopeful. The metaphors are beautiful and elegantly put, short yet flooding with meaning. You did a fantastic job with this. You have an amazing talent wo... (more »)

Aug. 5 at 8:15 pm :
Aww! Thanks Hanban! That means a lot to me! I appreciate you taking the time to look at it, and I'm glad you liked it!

laceandcoffeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 1:58 am:
I'm not the most religous of types but this is a lovely poem.

Aug. 5 at 11:45 am :
I'm glad you liked it! Thank you for reading it!

Boj95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 4 at 9:18 pm:
I love it! This would make a great song!

Aug. 5 at 11:41 am :
Thank you! I`m glad you liked it!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 1 at 6:51 pm:
AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN! Preach it, fellow believer. Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who believes in God, and sometimes I doubt HIm, and I know I shouldn't. But it's writing like this that keeps me believing. And gives me hope! Thank you for that. 

Aug. 3 at 7:31 pm :
Haha, thanks Mckay! I'm glad you liked it! But 'preach it'? I don't think I've heard that one before! Thanks for reading it! :)