A Passive Writer This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Maybe I am a writer.
But alas, my laziness!
I have the urge to write
a spillage of thoughts
where my mind is the cup runneth over
and I must
catch these thoughts,
every last drip,
before they are gone.

But that, you see, is work.
The effort of seeking bowls
and towels
to capture these drops
is great
and so I sit here,
my cup runneth over,
and I will each drop to remain.

LilaChason said...
Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:30 pm:
Lol it's sooo true

McDevitt said...
Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:58 pm:
I feel your a great writer with a powerful ability. I think that your laziness shouldnt be the main factor of your defeat. I loved when you related rain drops as your thoughts and idead, and a cup as your mind captureing thoes thoughts and putting them on paper. I think that the story was well written. Great story and you will be a great writter. 

liveloud77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:31 am :
McDevitt - thank you! yeah, I was working off this little image I had in mind. Believe it or not, I actually got this picture when I was in my bed at night so I ended up writing this on my phone as a text so I wouldn't have to get up and, ya know, write xP 

Catthatbarks said...
Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:17 am:
ahaha happens to me allllll the time xP    great poem :) short but with precise rhythm and beats  love it

Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:32 am :
haha why thankya, glad I'm not the only one xD