To Follow My Life

In the dark of night,
I went to find you.
No one know,
That I loved you.
I came to your house,
And gave myself entry.
What I found,
Was not you.
What I found was the scene of a murder.

I found you lying,
There on the kitchen floor.
The murder weapon,
Was clearly the knife forced into your chest.
Your phone was lying,
Next to you,
91 were the numbers on the screen.

I stepped forward,
And gingerly removed the phone,
From the spreading pool of blood.
I added a 1,
And called the police.
When they came,
I let them in.
They looked at your body,
They looked at the knife.
I told them all I knew of you.

I told them of a sad child,
With raven-black hair,
And blue eyes.
With a rare smile,
And an even rarer laugh,
Both of which could lift away any darkness.
I told them of a young woman,
Who was kinder than any,
And was brave enough to face,
Any challenge the world would give her.

I told the police,
About how I found you,
Lying on the ground.
With your phone beside you,
In a pool of your spreading blood.

What I never told the police,
Was that I would find your killer,
And that I would kill him.

It took me a week,
Before I realized two things;
Who the killer was,
And also,
That my life died with you.
One week and one day after your death,
I drove my car,
And slammed into his,
On the Golden Gate Bridge.
The killer’s car went over the side,
And I opened my door.
I heard police sirens wailing,
And I choose for my body,
To follow my life.
And I walked into my car,
And rove off the bridge,
To allow my body to follow my life.

BalladOfMonaLisaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 3 at 11:46 am:
Wow... I wish I could write like this XD You developed this very well... I love it. Besides a couple grammatical errors, this was perfect!

chloena_garrettThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 25 at 10:17 am:
I read this for the first time in the contest section! I loved it so much, I had to find it on your page and favorite it. I love the way the poem has a way of sucking you in, making you feel the emotion for yourself. I got chills :D   5/5 for sure!

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 26 at 5:06 pm :
Thanks, Chloe!  

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17 at 10:01 am:
This, Andy, is amazing. I feel like there is nothing to say this is so perfect. Your descriptions of the murder scene were amazing and i loved every second of the suspense and longing. This was truly wonderful. The end, my god, i can not even put into words how amazing it was. This is definitly my favorite piece by you. Have a wonderful day,keep writing the valley of the dolls unless it is done, and keep rockin

Jun. 17 at 10:43 am :
Thanks, Liv!!!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:35 pm :
Hey, not sure if you still exist on this sight, but i apologize for disappearing.. I really miss you so if you still get on, DONT HESITATE when replying to me :) love ya andy       ~liv btw ur not mad right??

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 11 at 5:56 pm:
I love how you included the bit about the 91 already being dialed. Usually when you're writing a murder scene, you forget to include the small details like that. Excellent job with the whole idea! :D

Jun. 11 at 6:25 pm :
THank you, Kras!

SongBird04This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 11 at 3:27 pm:
Ahh! Yay! I love this! This is my favorite one so far, keep it up! Goood job! if you wanna check out my new one "Don;t tell me this when you're doing that"  it would be nice! only if you wnat to though. :)  Anyways, great job! I like the mysterious chillingness to it!

Jun. 11 at 3:29 pm :
Thank you, SongBird!!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 10 at 10:42 pm:
This is so sad and tragic, you can't help but love it. Nice job, the imagery is stunning :)

Jun. 10 at 10:43 pm :
Thank you, Jade!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10 at 2:39 pm:
Thank you, Andy, for writing such an amazing poem! I love this poem. This has become my newest favorite by you. I love everything about it, the mystery, the love, the length, the story in general. This is wonderful. The attention to detail is so specific. And the way you include the suspense is wonderful. I LOVE THIS POEM. The ending is wicked. BRAVO TO YOU. *clap* *clap*

Jun. 10 at 5:47 pm :
Thank you, Lexus!!!