Winter Nights | Teen Ink

Winter Nights

By PointlessBlog BRONZE, Laurel, Delaware
PointlessBlog BRONZE, Laurel, Delaware

"Everything I've learned, I've learned from the movies. And if it's not like the movies, then that's how it should be." ~ Audrey Hepburn

It's funny how the world can look so beautiful even though you feel so ugly.
The snow falls, making the world sparkle and beam with bright lights. The snow adds a layer of love and hope to the world; we drink hot chocolate, cuddle close, make a fire, and everything seems to move slower. But then,
the snowman looses its belly and melts somewhere between the Earths' cores. And our little façade is over. We roam around freely observing people as we go, and we realize that everyone has a story held secret by their eyes. Well that's me, but I never fell for the snows appeasing façade. Even though it rests beneath my toes, it feels like its light years away; that layer of love and hope. I just wish one day it finds me, and I'll find it. And maybe, just maybe, it wont be a façade.

I wrote this really late one night when I was feeling extremely lonely and hopeless. I actually don't remember writing it, but when I found it I really wanted to share it.

on Jun. 30 2013 at 3:24 am
PointlessBlog BRONZE, Laurel, Delaware

Thank you so much! It means alot to me! [':

on Jun. 30 2013 at 3:23 am
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

I seriously love this Haylee, great work! Keep posting!